You may not really think about how your makeup routine changes from year to year but if you watch reality television shows, read fashion magazines, and watch beauty influencers on YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok, your methods and products may change almost imperceptibly each year. After all, how did makeup go from the over-the-top blue eyeshadow of the 80s to the brown tones of the 90s to the silvery and shimmery looks in the 2000s to the highly contoured looks in the 2010s, all the way to our trends today? In just forty years, trends have changed rapidly and makeup techniques and formulas have improved and evolved.
If you want to know which products are trending, here are our favourite new makeup products available right now from two of the UK’s most popular online beauty stores: Look Fantastic and Cult Beauty.
Look Fantastic is known for its affordable beauty products online. From foundations, lip products, eye shadows, blushes, and more, here are some new products from Look Fantastic.
- For Makeup Revolution IRL Filter Longwear Foundation 23ml (Various Shades) (£10): This foundation claims to have up to sixteen hours of coverage and is like a filter in a bottle. The customer reviews confirm that this product is as good as Nars and Armani and provides a photo-perfect finish, which is wonderful at this price point!
- NARS Light Reflecting Foundation 30ml (Various Shades) (£37.50): For buildable medium coverage, this foundation promises a lightweight texture that glides over the skin. Reviews note that you get a dewy finish, a little goes a long way, and it provides a healthy glow.
- Makeup Revolution Lip Contour Kit (Various Shades) (£6): This brand’s inexpensive products are all the rage. These lip kits come with a matching lip pencil and a highly-pigmented matte liquid lipstick that lasts all day!
- Doll Beauty Lipstick 3.8g (Various Shades) (£13): for a rich and pigmented lipstick, you can choose from ten shades. The packaging is cute and pink and the mould of the lipstick creates heart stamps on the product.
- Clinique High Impact Zero Gravity Mascara 10g (£22): This mascara is lightweight with a curved brush, designed for natural-looking curled lashes.
- Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Lash Clash 8ml (£29): For a more dramatic look, this volumising mascara comes with an oversized brush so that the result is that more product gets on your lashes, making them appear longer and fuller.
- Urban Decay Wild Greens Palette 10g (£38): Who doesn’t love an Urban Decay eyeshadow palette? These vivid earth tones have a creamy texture thanks to an avocado oil infusion and are perfect for a night out. There are twelve eyeshadows to choose from in earthy neutrals and bold greens with matte and metallic finishes. Yay! It’s vegan too!
- Bobbi Brown Real Nudes Eye Palette – Blush (£44): This subtle five-shade eyeshadow palette hasn’t even been released yet. It’s coming soon to Look Fantastic. It boasts three matte finishes (pink, coffee, and a darker brown) and two shimmery finishes (two bronzey-brown shades) and will work for everyday looks. Don’t forget to add it to your wishlist.
Blushers, highlighters, and bronzers
- ICONIC London Silk Glow Duo – Rose Glow (£30): For a lovely blusher and highlighter combination, this gel-powder formula is buildable with pearlescent pigments. It creates a smooth finish that looks like a liquid highlighter with an easier-to-blend formula.
- NARS Exclusive Afterglow Cheek Palette (£46): This warm-toned six-shade limited-edition blusher palette can be your new go-to this summer. The blushers have sheer, matte, and shimmering finishes from luxurious golden bronze to a shimmery light highlight to pinks, reds, and corals. The formula is soft and blendable featuring superfine micronized powder pigments.
- LOOKFANTASTIC x Bobbi Brown Limited Edition Beauty Box (Worth over £103) (£50): This limited edition box comes with Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks in Powder Pink 3.7g – worth £23.50; Highlighting Powder in Pink Glow 8g – worth £37; Crushed Oil-Infused Gloss In The Buff 6ml – worth £20; Extra Illuminating Moisture Balm 5ml – worth £7.67; and Vitamin Enriched Face Base 15ml – worth £15. You won’t want to miss out if you love Bobbi Brown products.
- A Lady Writes, Chloe, talks all about if this box is worth the money.
- Aromatherapy Associates Moments To Treasure (Worth £366.00) (£225): Although not makeup, a good skincare routine is key to looking radiant and aromatherapy is known to refresh the mind and body. This treasure trove of products contains a whopping nineteen goodies: De-Stress Mind Bath & Shower Oil; De-Stress Muscle Bath & Shower Oil; Revive Morning Bath & Shower Oil; Support Breathe Bath & Shower Oil; Rose Bath & Shower Oil; Support Equilibrium Bath & Shower Oil; Inner Strength Bath & Shower Oil; Forest Therapy Bath & Shower Oil; Revive Roller Ball; De-Stress Roller Ball; Relax Roller Ball; Deep Relax Bath & Shower Oil; Deep Relax Sleep Well Body Butter; Relax Candle; Deep Relax Sleep Mist; De-Stress Muscle Gel; Revive Shower Oil; De-Stress Shower Oil; and a Body Brush. This set is perfect for relaxation – to practice your face yoga and to learn all about the benefits of body brushing.
Cult Beauty is known for promoting and supporting female-founded premium brands. Here are the latest foundations, lip products, mascaras, eyeshadows, and more.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Foundation (£36): This product isn’t new but it’s continually trending as Charlotte Tilbury foundations are arguably as famous and popular as NARS. This foundation is long-wearing, full coverage and weightless. It blends easily on the skin, providing a soft-focus matte finish and is known for its transfer resistance and sweat-proof formula.
- The Ordinary Serum Foundation with SPF 15 by The Ordinary Colours 30 ML (Various Shades (£6.40): The Ordinary is known for its super affordable skincare products (because they don’t spend money on frills) and this foundation is no exception. It has a lightweight to medium coverage and its pigments are suspended in “The Ordinary’s proprietary spreadability system.” It provides a natural look on the skin. It’s worth a try and it won’t break the bank!
- Natasha Denona I Need A Rose Lipstick 4 G (Various Shades) (£22): This packaging is pretty and these three new shades (Daphne, Calla, and Peony) are inspired by “I Need A Nude” lipsticks. These lipsticks are vibrant long-lasting gel-based rose shades with high pigment concentration without drying out your lips (because of the hydrating extracts of aloe vera and papaya fruit). Calla is a rosy brown, Daphne is more mauve pink, and Peony looks like a beautiful peony shade, as the name suggests.
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lip and Cheek Glow 2.5 G (Various Shades) (£30): This product is a double-duty formula where you can apply the product to your lips and your cheeks. These glossy-esters have added vitamin E for extra moisture with skin-softening beeswax. For those who need added plumpness and moisture with just a pop of colour, this lip glow is for you.
- IT Cosmetics Hello Lashes Volumizing Mascara with Lash Serum 8 ML (£22): If you want a volumising formula that will condition and preserve your lashes, this product is for you. It contains vitamins and nourishing plant oils to keep your lashes strong and healthy combined with a long-lasting smudge-proof formula that washes away with warm water to prevent lash loss from rubbing.
- Huda Beauty Legit Lashes Mini Mascara – Legit Blue (£13): If you want to be on-trend but without breaking the bank, this dual-ended mascara product is designed for you to use the two wands with lash-defining formulas in a dramatic blue hue. The brushes provide clump-free volume, to curl and lift your lashes.
- Makeup by Mario Master Metallics Eyeshadow Palette (£41): This palette is inspired by earth tones and gemstones and features twelve chrome-packed eyeshadows. They are buildable and can be subtle or dramatic. If you use a wet brush, you can add drama to the intensity. They are designed to flatter all skin tones. The formulas are creamy and feature sparkling gold, warm rose, deep bronze, shimmering green olive, sheer copper, gleaming teal, smoky slate, warm berry, and more.
- Patrick Ta Major Dimension II Rose Eyeshadow Palette (£60): For more everyday shimmy rose tones, this twelve-colour eyeshadow palette can create romantic makeup looks. It features cream, iridescent metallic, glistening pearl, and velvet matte pans in warm, cool, and neutral tones.
Blushers, highlighters, and bronzers
- Chantecaille HD Radiant Blush – Hope 3.5 G (£62): This product is absolutely perfect for the busy on-the-go person as the brush comes integrated into the product. This formula is lightweight and provides a perfect rosy glow with just enough shimmer to catch the light. All you do is use the featherweight bristles to apply a flush of pretty blush colour onto your cheeks.
- By Terry Brightening CC Blush 15 G (Various Shades) (£32): This is another unique blusher product that comes in a tube (instead of a stick, a cake, or a powder) with a brush on the end (almost like a concealer). This ultra-hydrating liquid blush formula provides a blusher that won’t fade. It comes in two colours, one is rose gold, and the other is a copper shade.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Art of Sculpting and Defining Volume III (£47): A favourite brand of the renowned MUA, Lisa Eldridge, this palette has all of your sculpting needs for highlighting and contouring. There are light, medium, and deep contour shades, two highlighting colours, and a beautiful blusher with various ombre shades in one. The formulas are buildable and it’s even recommended to use the contouring shades to contour a smoky eye. These shades can be used on all skin colours.
- VIEVE The Edit Brush Kit (£100): These vegan and cruelty-free brushes from Jamie Genevieve of VIEVE can create professional-level looks. The kit includes foundation, powder, and bronzing brushes; a large eyeshadow blender; and a multi-purpose angled brush. It also comes in a beautiful keepsake box. The powder and bronzing brush alone retails for £30 so this kit is a steal even if it is a little bit of a splurge!
Let us know on social media which of these products you have tried or would like to try. Do you regularly update your makeup collection or do you let your products hang out longer than the recommended few months? Beauty subscription boxes can be a great way to update your makeup collection regularly and try out new launches without having to break the bank or invest in more expensive products.