If you have multiple people to buy for and only a limited budget during the holidays, Christmas can be a stressful time. But we’ve got you covered with ideas for Christmas on a shoestring budget or a luxury one – with gifts from around £5 to £500, we have some inspiration for you. No matter how much or how little you have to spend for Christmas, everyone is limited by their budget! Here are some ideas to help you out.
Gifts for £5
When you want to show someone you’re thinking of them, but don’t have a lot to spend – or for those dreaded Secret Santa office pressies where you’ve been instructed to spend only a fiver – then it is difficult but totally possible to find something for £5. Often items like mini sets of hand cream, small boxes of chocolates, and small makeup items like lipstick and nail polish can be bought for around this price point.
Here are shops that have under £5 selections.
- Etsy: keychains, soaps, earrings, pens, tablet/phone holders, mini-games, and more all for up to £5.
- Studio: pyjamas, nail polishes, nose trimmers, cyber pets, coloured pencils, jigsaws, and so many items for up to £5.
- Find Me a Gift: desktop duck shot, mop slippers, sudoku cube, plants, books, mini-games, back scratchers, and other off-the-wall gifts for around a fiver.
- B&M: Harry Potter mugs and socks, cutesy children’s bags and accessories, toolsets, games, and gadgets, all for a fiver or less.
- Only Five Pounds: there’s an entire website devoted to items for a fiver or less! You can even find £1 items. They have items available in practically every category. So, how does it work? The company buys leftover and excess stock from retailers in online outlets to the high street shops up to mid-range shops like Next, John Lewis, and M&S, so you might find yourself wearing last season’s cosy jumper that you meant to buy from your fave shop but didn’t get around to it.
- Boots: Boots has thousands of Christmas offerings and you can find quality items from the £1 to £5 range (there are over 150 items at this price point). You can combine these offers with mix-and-match and half-price deals too to save even more. For only a little, you can create a gift box of nice items anyone would be happy to receive.
Gifts for £10
It’s amazing what you can find on a budget, and if your gifting budget per person is just slightly higher, you can get some great deals around the £10 mark.
Here are some retailers that have gifts for the under £10 mark.
- Joules: cute dinosaur crayons, fluffy socks, a Peter Rabbit enamelled mug, travel minis in a gift tin, socks, chocolates, spinning tops, notebooks, key chains, and much more. You can get some amazing deals for quality items.
- Oliver Bonas: socks, embroidered compact mirrors, enamelled earrings, keychains, books (like 365 days of yoga, dad jokes, etc), lanyards, candlesticks, wine bottle thermometer, incense cones, plant pots, incense burners, bag clips, gold plated jewellery, and other offerings. More quality items for an affordable price point.
- TK Maxx: jewellery, makeup brushes, slippers, makeup, body butters, and more. There are lots of fun, quirky gift options. Plus, if you go in-store, you can often find further discounts.
- I Want One of Those (IWOOT): card games, books, gadgets, bath bombs, shower steamers, games, notebooks, golf ball steamers, and so many other fun options under a tenner. The gifts on this website are fun and unique and sure to get a laugh!
- Prezzy Box: shower steamers, hair towels, body massagers, socks, games, chocolates (of the more rudely shaped variety), books, LED drink glasses, magnetic wristbands, and more.
- Amazon: There are hundreds of bestselling novels, biographies, histories, science books, and more, even hardbacks available for under £10. If you know what someone likes to read or browse, a book can be a thoughtful gift. Be sure to write an inscription inside and the date!
Gifts for £20
For the £20 price range, your options increase significantly. Many retailers have modest gift-boxed options at this price point and you can start buying more high-end products.
- John Lewis: Hotel Chocolat boxed chocolates, fragrance sets, essential oils, wooden toys, hand creams, eye masks, candles, socks, wooden travel games, makeup bags, jewellery, diaries, jewellery stands, kitchen gadgets, cufflinks, scarves, and all sorts. You can find hundreds of lovely items at the £20 and under price point.
- The Range: hats, scarves, lamps, fragrances, games, and more. The Range has in-store offerings as well as online.
- Boots: there are almost 600 items in the £15 to £25 range at Boots, from affordable children’s toys to gift sets to slippers to gardening tools and more. Plus, with half-price and mix-and-match offers, you can save even more than face value.
- Look Fantastic: You can find loads on offer for the £15-25 range, especially for brands like Urban Decay, L’Oreal Paris, This Works, Fresh Milk, Molten Brown, Eco Tools, Fresh, and more.
- Amazon: For a £20 budget, you can find hundreds of options in the beer, wine, and spirits category on Amazon. Most people love a festive drink. You can find Gordon’s Gin for £17, Absolut Vanilla Vodka for £16, and Black Magic Spiced Rum for £18. If you splurge a little more, you can get “posher” equivalents, but even spirits under £20 will go well in a mixed cocktail.
Gifts for £50-£100
As many know, if you up your budget just a little, your gift options are endless. Do you want to give a food hamper, cosmetics and creams, bath products, a luxury scarf or socks, or something a little more personalised? There are lots to choose from in this price range from some of the high-end retailers.
- Lush: You can find Lush products at multiple price points but their gift ranges range from £12-38 on average, but they have some more spectacular sets in the £50+ range.
- Kiels: This skincare brand offers 21 products under the £50 mark for those who love luxury skincare.
- Paul Smith: For the man in your life, you can find Paul Smith clothes and accessories at the £30-100 price point with ease.
- The Gift of Oil: You can shop collections from £28 or bundle savings up to £72. This shop provides artisan olive oils, oil infusions, truffle oils, and red, wine, and balsamic vinegars to jazz up any salad. Why not give the gift of tasty salads to a loved one? Try perfect pairings like orange and mandarin oil with a pomegranate and fig balsamic vinegar or lemon oil paired with mango and passionfruit balsamic vinegar. There are even simple oils and simple red and white wine vinegars too!
- Harvey Nichols: There are so many offers for presents under £100 at Harvey Nicks! The retailer is known for its luxury brands on offer, but it is absolutely possible to shop on a budget here. From La Mer moisturising collection with a pretty keepsake bag (£95), to a blue-grained leather coin purse from Coach (£75), to a Ganni printed cotton scarf (£55), or a Missoma jelly heart gemstone 18kt gold plated ring (£85), you can find beautiful, branded, quality gifts for your loved ones.
- Liberty: Even though Liberty London is known for its luxury gifts and signature fabrics, you can find gifts at various price points – from £10 to £15, all the way up to hundreds. But in the £50 to £100 range, there are hundreds of options. You can even find a sweet-filled vegan stocking (£50), a £100 liberty gift coin (£100), a suitcase hamper (£99), or a beautiful silk pocket square (£60).
- Fortnum & Mason: Another English staple known for luxury, F&M provides gifts at various price points. You can find luxury Christmas hampers and gift sets from £35-100 (and above). You can find famous coffee and tea blends for less as well as chocolates, tea towels, and more.
- Whittard: Find hampers and gift sets from £49 to £79. You can find your favourite hot chocolate, tea, and coffee gifts for the holidays.
- Hotel Chocolat: There are 22 chocolate hampers available in the £25 to £85 range where you can be sure to impress the recipient with an exceptional selection of sweet treats.
- John Lewis: This British staple is known for its luxury gifts all the way down to affordable quality items. You can find anything from novelty gifts to unique gifts to gift experiences at John Lewis. You can find items for as little as £10 to over £100, but you can be sure to find something at this price point!
- Selfridges: At Selfridges, you can find over 150 gift items for the budget of £50 to £100, but you can also find gifts for less (and more, of course). They have flowers, hampers, fragrances, jewellery, and more – all impressive gifts for this budget.
For higher budgets and bigger treats, you can invest in something that can be enjoyed for years.
- Chanel, Square Sunglasses (£360): a timeless and classic pair of Chanel sunglasses won’t ever go out of style and everyone needs a classic pair that will last for years.
- Mulberry Small Darley Classic Grain Leather Satchel Bag, Black (£595): your classic sunglasses can be paired with a classic black bag.
- Extreme Cashmere, N°85 Spag striped-intarsia cashmere-blend scarf (£470): cashmere items are the height of luxury for winter. This striped cashmere blend scarf won’t lose its timeless essence.
- Fossil Jacqueline Three-Hand Rose Gold-Tone Stainless Steel Watch (£129): another item that will stand the test of time is a classic timepiece.
- Tria Laser Hair Removal 4X (£375): you’ll wonder why you didn’t invest sooner. Ditch the razor and get permanent results with a diode technology single-spectrum laser that permanently disables your hair follicles. Be hair-free in the places you want in time for summer.
- Tria Age Defying Laser (£450): a salon-quality non-ablative laser in a handheld device that you can use for years to come. These anti-ageing treatments aren’t one and done in the salon so that means hundreds of pounds a year to stave off the ageing process. With an at-home laser, you can keep your skin renewing and young beyond your years. You’ll love the results or your money back is guaranteed.
Tria Beauty UK’s devices are sent via DHL and the last order date to arrive in time for the holidays is midday on the 22nd of December.
We hope you found some gift ideas that fit your budget too. For more money-saving tips, another great way to save money around the holidays is to sign up for company newsletters and offer emails. Retailers often send exclusive deals, discount codes, and special offers right to your inbox. Some retailers even offer X amount off your first order, whether it’s a cash value or a percentage. Plus, if you use browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox, you can find plugins that search the web for coupon codes to see if you can find additional savings. There’s even a website called “extreme couponing” that can help you find those extra special deals.
No matter your budget, rest assured that by budgeting carefully, you’ll have determined and stuck to the amount you can afford this holiday, which will reduce stress overall. Now to bring on the joy of watching your loved one open their favourite gift of the year. Happy shopping!